Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Summer, Out!!!



Well, I guess summer is winding down. It never ceases to amaze me how fast time flies. I was trying to think back on what I did this summer and I was able to come up with a (albeit to short) list:


  • Time with the puppy! We finally got a dog this summer, it has been a great and wonderful thing. We have spent many, many hours at the dog park and taking her for walks and adventures. She is a husky mix so we are really looking forward to her experiencing her "first" winter.


  • Moving! We had to move out to have our apartment remodeled. We now reside in a "luxury apartment". Wow. It was a definite hastle, two weeks - we had to vacate. We packed up all of our earthly belongings into a POD and headed for Michigan for two weeks only to come back and unpack. It's not all bad, moving always helps you get rid of your crap and really get reorganized as you unpack and move back in. We are still getting situated but it is a much better situation.

  • Hockey!!! I have had much more time lately and have been able to skate frequently. I got on a goalie board online and was able to start subbing for teams and that eventually got me a spot on a team roster for the fall season. I attended my first goalie camp, super fun - learned allot. It's just good exercise and one of my true loves.

  • Camping! We have gone for a few overnights here and there this summer, definitely not enough for my wife, the camping fiend :) But it has been fun and I think our pup really enjoys it as well. We went to a State Park on Cape Cod and one in Maine as well.

During our time back in Michigan we also got to see some Friends and family and that is always the best! Although we didn't take a big "summer vacation" this year we did pretty well with our numerous "stay-cations". I am looking forward to the fall, it is really my favorite time of year. Good time to bust out the hooded sweatshirts! (At least the ones that the puppy hasn't chewed up!)

No comments: