Friday, October 10, 2008

Stop the train!!

This is a John Mayer tune.

My folks were just in town this last week and it was really great to see them and spend time together. As I grow older (and so do they) I relish our time more and more. It's always difficult to see them age but at the same time its rewarding to have an adult relationship with your folks.

I read something lately about writers and readers and how the more brutally honest a writer can be the more fulfilling it can be to the reader. Who knows if that is really the case or not but there seems to be some truth in that to me. I've had some extra time lately and have been using it to get healthy (after four years of traveling almost non-stop) and to spend time with my wife and puppy.

As time and life goes by, it really hits home to me about how important friends and family are; jobs, cars, apartments/homes, stuff comes and goes but family is forever.......

Enjoy the tune - Well done John!!







1 comment:

Aerin said...

I took the time a few years ago to really get to know the family that I only saw on holidays and during the summer and I found in you guys friends that I felt I had lost.
I am so proud to be able to have your parents on speed dial and treasure them as I do my own. And to have the opportunity to go visit Susan and Larry and the Girls and just run a muck in Chicago. And to have been able to spend time with you when you were here on business.
I will listen to your rants and all you have to say. And though we may not agree all the time, you have become an awesome friend and I am glad that you are also family. Keep those blogs a-coming.